Current Version: 1.3 (November 22, 2004)
GSFTP (formerly iFTP & Gideon) is a Java-based graphical FTP and SFTP client featuring remote & local file filtering, an easy-to-use bookmarking system, remote file editing and viewing, queue scheduling, and a modular architecture. Features include:
- Supports secure and standard FTP
- Multiple connections per browser
- Fully multithreaded
- Directory listings are cached for quick access
- Easy to use Bookmark manager
- Powerful bookmarking; bookmarks can contain both a local and remote home path
Version 1.3 adds/changes the following:
- Added support for Windows
- If user cancels reg enter we no longer close the main nag.
- Default local home folder is now the Desktop on win/mac
- Set Permissions panel now hides when user clicks apply
- Removed elipse from Disconnect menu item
- Added rename to the popup menu
- Added Preference Panel
- Spaced registration panel buttons better - no more overlapping
- Bookmark manager now disables all the data entry fields when no bookmarks exist
- Bookmark code has been changed. Bookmark file format is now an xml document.
- Changed data folder to GSFTP ( no longer Gideon )
- About panel is now clean
- Browser drop down now shows the correct image for hard drives
- No longer have to select the remote file view to click Disconnect.
- Rename is no longer Cmd-W
- We no longer draw open folder in drop down
- Fixed bug copy url to clipboard would return null for A:\ and D:\
- Localized the login, registration, error, Get Info, Set Permissions panels
- Transfer menu now works
- Tidied up special, help menu
- Owner group date fields are now set to -- if no data
- get info name panel icon is now raised a smig
- apply to enclosed is now to the right a little more
- removed default strings from get info panel - general area
- Recoded the Get Info panel population code to be more tolerant of null items
- Added icons for hd, floppy and rem media
- Added support for My Computer item under Windows
- updated to edtftpj v1.4.5
- FIXED: show bm window ; hide ; show again - exception
- FIXED: create new bm ; enter data ; create even newer bm ; original lost.
- FIXED: Create a new bm - start editing ; close window - bm data not saved.
- FIXED: Cancelling a rename resulted in an Exception
- FIXED: Cancelling a reg enter resulted in an Exception
Currently, no user reviews have been submitted. Send me yours!