Current Version: 1.1 (July 22, 2010)
From the Viscosity web site: "Viscosity is an OpenVPN client for the Mac, providing a rich Cocoa graphical user interface for creating, editing, and controlling VPN connections. Viscosity provides a complete OpenVPN solution for Leopard (Mac OS 10.5) and does not require any additional downloads or software."
Viscosity includes the following distinguishing features:
- Cocoa Interface - Viscosity allows connections to be completely configured through a GUI, without any need to know how to use the command-line or OpenVPN's configuration file syntax.
- Leopard Support - Viscosity has been designed from the ground up for Leopard. Viscosity will run on any PowerPC or Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.5.
- Traffic Statistics - Viscosity monitors your OpenVPN connections to ensure you know all the details. The floating Details window will keep you up to date with IP addresses, traffic flow, and OpenVPN messages.
- Keychain Protected - Viscosity integrates with the Mac OS X keychain to make sure your VPN login details, certificate passwords, and proxy logins and kept safe and secure.
- Growl Notifications - Viscosity is built with Growl support to keep you notified about your VPN connection. Get alerts when the status of a VPN connection changes, including IP addresses.
- Automatic Updates - Viscosity integrates with Sparkle to provide seamless update checking and installing so you don't have to. And if you don't like update checking, it can be turned off with one tick.
- Enterprise Support - Easily pre-configure Viscosity so your users don't have to. Viscosity can be set up to automatically create VPN connections on first launch so users are good to go no matter their VPN knowledge.
- Also includes AppleScript control, DNS support, configuration importing, and much more.
Version 1.1 adds/changes the following:
- Full PKCS11 (token/smartcard) support
- Ability to run AppleScript scripts when a connection connects/disconnects
- IPv6 Support
- DNS servers/domains can be edited using the GUI
- Support for pushed WINS servers
- Connections can be duplicated
- Updated TUN/TAP drivers
- Greater controllability using AppleScript
- General editing enhancements
- Various bug fixes and enhancements
Currently, no user reviews have been submitted. Send me yours!